Don't throw those pumpkin seeds out. Toast them and eat the healthy benefits!
5 Health Benefits of Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
1. They're full of magnesium. Just half a cup of toasted pumpkin seeds has 92 percent of your daily value of magnesium, which most people have trouble getting enough of. Magnesium helps to relax nerves and muscles, strengthen bones and help with circulation.
2. They fill you up. With protein and fiber, toasted pumpkin seeds are a snack that truly satisfies.
3. You can top them with healthy spices. There are so many ways to toast pumpkin seeds. Whether it's with a little parmesan, garlic or chili powder, you can make toasted pumpkin speeds even healthier by topping them with antioxidant-rich spices and herbs!
4. They can help lower cholesterol. Toasted pumpkin seeds are full of phytosterol, which are compounds that help reduce LDL cholesterol levels, enhance the immune response and decrease risk of the certain cancers.
5. They might give your mood a boost. Toasted pumpkin seeds contain L-Tryptophan, a compound which improves mood naturally and may even be effective against depression.
References: www.shape.com by Jennipher Walters